INGROWN NAIL POST OP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Soak the treated area 3 times a day in warm water and Epsom Salt (follow package instructions) starting the day after your nail surgery. Your shower can count as 1 of those soakings.
- Soak the toe WITH THE BANDAGE ON If the bandage is still on, on the 3 day, remove it. Follow all soakings with application of an antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin and a band‐aid.
- When soaking, use your finger to pull the nail fold (skin) away from the nail. This will help to open any scar tissue that has formed in the area and allow the warm water to clean the surgical area.
- Continue this treatment until your follow‐up appointment.
- Ice the area for 10 minutes and take 600mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours if you have pain
- Narcotics are not dispensed for pain post ingrown toenail procedures; if your pain is that bad please go to the emergency room
- If you have any questions or concerns please call the office at 801‐619‐2170