Elizabeth Auger Annual Scholarship for Students with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
During her long track record serving patients in Salt Lake City, podiatrist Elizabeth E. Auger, DPM has seen the challenges that diabetics face in managing their conditions while maintaining optimal health. Dr. Auger has worked closely with diabetic patients to keep their feet and legs as strong and healthy as possible and to minimize risks of complications associated with diabetes. Many diabetic patients are eager to learn, passionate about maintaining health, and excited about opportunities that allow them to get quality care.
Diabetes presents unique challenges throughout a patient’s life, and encourages patients to develop strength and resilience. These skills suit patients well as they move through their academic careers and develop professional identities. But, like most people who want to further their educations, diabetes too struggle with the high costs associated with continued schooling after completing post-secondary education.
To honor the efforts of diabetes patients everywhere, and to assist diabetic students in achieving their academic and professional aspirations, Dr. Auger has created the Elizabeth Auger Annual Scholarship for Students with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes. Students who are interested in competing for the scholarship will need to submit an essay in response to the following questions:
- Reflect on the quality of your diabetes care and your efforts to manage your diabetes. What do you believe are the greatest strengths and weaknesses of the care you have received? How have your strategies to manage your blood sugar evolved and changed over time?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Please detail how the scholarship will help you to achieve your academic and professional goals.
Scholarship Criteria and Deadline
Scholarship applicants will be judged based on their answers to essay questions, as well as their full academic records and their extracurricular involvement.
- Applicants must be either a current graduating high school senior with acceptance to an accredited school or an undergraduate student at an accredited institution within the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their transcript.
- Applicants must submit an academic resume detailing your grade point average, honors and awards you have received, professional and academic achievements and extracurricular activities.
The scholarship is in the amount of $1000 and will be awarded annually to a student with Type I or Type II diabetes. Winners will be chosen by Elizabeth Auger DPM. Please submit your applications by 7/31 deadline for Fall Semester.
Terms and Conditions:
Scholarship is open to all students attending an accredited post-secondary school in the United States. Applicants must be a student at an accredited school, or be accepted to begin school at an accredited school within 6 months of application. All funds will be dispersed to scholarship recipient by the end of August for the Fall Semester. Scholarship winner is determined solely by our selection committee. All decisions of the selection committee are final.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: We will not sell, share, or distribute the information you submit with your scholarship application to any third parties. The information you submit will be used only for determining the scholarship recipient and deleted after the selection period.
NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT: The winner of the Elizabeth Auger Annual Scholarship for Students with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes will be determined by a selection committee set up by Dr. Elizabeth Auger. Said selection will in no way be influenced by gender, race, national origin, sexual preference or any criteria other than the meeting of the application requirements and our committee’s evaluation of the essay attached with the application.